Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Every single second's a lifetime memory

So the past few weeks have been the best and worst of my entire life.

Mr. Terry Grenat, a wonderful Christian man that I've known for 4 years now, passed away on Saturday January 12, 2013 from unexpected post-surgery complications. He left behind a wife, 3 children and many more grandchildren. He also left behind an amazing legacy. He served in the United States Air Force and the US Civil Service for almost 50 years. His love for Christ was inspiring and almost overwhelming if you didn't know him well. He was also a very close friend to my family, especially my daddy. He was one out of a handful of lights in my walk with Christ and I will always be grateful for that.

My Paw, the greatest man I've ever known aside from my Da, passed away on Monday January 14, 2013 at 9:45am. He called my daddy that morning and told him that he was hurting so much and he was ready to go. Daddy asked him to wait until we could get there later in the day. Paw said he would try. Then Daddy called him back and told him that if he was ready to go, Daddy could be okay with it. So Paw passed away in his sleep before we could even leave Georgia. When my dad called to tell me, I just knew right away but I was driving and I knew I couldn't even begin to process it unless I wanted to crash on the way home. When I got home, I started crying so hard I could barely breathe. We left for Louisiana that evening and made it there at 430am on Tuesday. His funeral was on Wednesday. Over 200 people showed up and I heard so many stories of how amazing my Paw was and how many people loved him and enjoyed his amazing personality. A woman who worked at a local bank showed up. My Paw would go visit her just to see how she and her family were doing. The manager of the McDonalds in town cried when she found out about him passing. He was there almost every morning for breakfast and he always had to have that "senior citizens drink". Ha. He just made an enormous impact on so many people's lives. The viewing was from 9-9 and he was cremated the next day.


This was originally not going to be a sad depressing post, but I guess it quickly turned that way. Or at least that's how I see it.


This was going to be a post about my boy Jake. I mentioned him in a previous post. His momma is the one who passed away on Christmas Eve. Well, he and I have been on a few dates and have decided to make things kind of official. We've agreed not to see other people. I'm absolutely madly in love with him. It might seem fast, but to me it feels meant to be. Plus I've known him for a little while. He's the first guy to EVER treat me like my daddy always told me I should be treated. He makes me a priority and not an after thought like someone else I have written about on here. He literally pays for everything (which I am not completely happy about. I have a job so I can pay for my own stuff...lol) He texts me to tell me "good morning" in the mornings and "good night" at night. He tells me he misses me all the time and he tells me he loves me. He helped me make it through my Paw's funeral. Which I didn't expect him to even be there seeing as how he had to be there for his momma less than 3 weeks before. He makes me truly happy which is some thing I haven't felt with a guy in such a long time. I was unhappy for so long with my ex and with... I think I called him "Blue", I'm not really happy. I want a relationship with someone who wants to love me. Not someone who sometimes misses the feeling of being in a relationship and then other times forgets I exist. I can still be friends with him, but I know now it'll never evolve into anything more. It's not worth the headache.

Anyways, it's time for me to go to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow with work and school.
I hope y'all have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that all of this happened at once. I couldn't even imagine.

    On the other hand, Jake is doing all the things that George used to do for me. And you see how well that turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a rough start to the year, but I have so much to look forward to :)
    Hope to see you and George soon!

    ReplyDelete